Ingredients: Yields 50 truffles
From the cheesemarket:
75cl thick crème fraiche
From the grocery store:
275g dark chocolate
40g bitter chocolate
65 g cocoa powder
From your larder:
- The day before, prepare the chocolate ganache. Place the crème fraîche in a pan. Bring to the boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring with a whisk. Remove from the heat. Break the chocolate into pieces and add to the cream, off the heat. Stir until smooth. Add the Calvados and mix thoroughly. Cover and place in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Heat the ganache slightly in a water bath (double boiler) to soften the mixture.
- Using a teaspoon, roll the mixture into small balls and place these on a sheet of baking paper. Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Break the bitter chocolate into pieces and melt gently in a water bath. Once it is completely melted, stir. Do not let the chocolate boil.
- Dip each ball into this melted chocolate, covering completely, then roll in the cocoa powder.