Orange and Gingerbread Jam
Ingredients: Yields 3 jars
From the fresh produce market:
From the grocery store:
500g special jam-making sugar (sugar with added pectin)
From your larder:
1 vanilla pod
1 heaped tsp. gingerbread spice mix
- Peel the oranges, removing the pith.
- Stir together the sugar and oranges in a heavy-bottom pan. Add the spice mix, the seeds from the vanilla pod and the split pod. Allow to infuse until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Blend this mixture more or less coarsely in a food processor, to your taste.
- Return to the pan and heat on a high flame. Bring to the boil, stirring for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Skim and ladle into jars. Put the lids on and turn the jars upside down to cool.