Paris-Brest, via Nest !
Ingredients: yields 4 servings
From the cheesemarket:
¾ stick (80 g) butter
7/8 cup (200 g) single cream (35% fat)
From the grocer’s:
1 cup (120 g) flour
1 oz (30 g) almond/hazelnut praline
1.75 oz (50 g) confectioner’s sugar
From your larder:
0.03 oz (1 g) salt
0.28 oz (8 g) granulated sugar
0.17 oz (5 g) vanilla sugar
Handful of slivered almonds
- Boil 0.64 cup (15 cl) water, add the salt, granulated sugar and butter.
- Sift the flour and pour onto the boiling liquid stirring with a whisk. Dry out, stirring with a whisk, to obtain a panade. Decant the panade into a container, then gradually fold in the beaten eggs using a whisk.
- Using a frosting bag with a nozzle, pipe out a ring shape of this panade on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar and chopped almonds. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes at 356°F (180°C). Keep refrigerated after cooking.
- Whisk the cream with half of the granulated sugar plus the vanilla sugar. Once the cream is firm, add the left over sugar and the praline. Keep refrigerated.
- Using a serrated knife, cut off the top half of the crown. Set aside. Using a frosting bag with a fluted nozzle, fill the base with cream. Sprinkle the paris-brest with confectioner’s sugar. Keep in the refrigerator.