Rhubarb and eggplant jam*
Ingredients: Yields 1 large jar
From the fresh produce store:
2 rhubarb stalk
From the grocery store:
½ vanilla pod
From your larder:
– Place the juice of the lemon, the juice of the lime, the juice of ½ orange, ½ vanilla pod cut in two, ½ tsp powdered ginger and the sugar in a salad bowl.
– Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
– Sieve this juice, the next day.
– Peel and dice the egg plants.
– Peel the rhubarb at cut it into 1cm pieces.
– Heat the juice to 115°C, add the pieces of fruit and vegetables. Cook gently for 45 minutes.
– Pour into a hot jar, let cool and store for 2 months before serving.
*Freely inspired by Mercotte’s cooking