Strawberry soup with balsamic vinegar and basil sorbet
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
1 bunch of fresh basil
From the cheesemarket:
1 egg white
From your larder:
180g caster sugar
3cl balsamic vinegar
- Prepare the sorbet: Pour ½ l water into a pan. Add 170g sugar and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Off the heat, add the lime zests and basil leaves. Cover and infuse until cold.
- Filter and add the juice of 1 lime. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then gradually add to the syrup.
- Wash then hull the strawberries.
- Cut them into quarters and place in a salad bowl.
- Add the remaining sugar and the vinegar and mix gently.
- Add a few minced basil leaves to your strawberries and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Place the syrup in your ice-cream/sorbet maker and select the sorbet program.
Tip: Hull the strawberries after you have washed them to prevent them from soaking up water. To spice things up, don’t hesitate to add a pinch of Szechuan hot pepper.