Cod with Chorizo and Shellfish
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
1.5kg coco beans
1 bunch of basil
½ bunch flat-leaf parsley
2 garlic cloves
From the fishmonger’s:
600g cod loin
From the grocery store:
From the cheesemarket:
From your larder:
1.5l chicken broth
10cl olive oil
10cl white wine
1 bouquet garni
• Prepare a herb oil by blending 10cl olive oil, 1 bunch of basil, 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley and 1 garlic clove. Set aside.
• Peel and wash the carrot. Peal the onion and stud it with the cloves.
• Pod the coco beans. Place them in a pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Drain and return to the pan.
• Add the chicken stock, carrot, onion and bouquet garni. The beans must be completely covered. Add a little water if necessary. Cook for 30 minutes on medium heat. Salt at the end of the cooking time.
• Drain the beans, setting aside the cooking water. Reduce this water slightly.
• Add the herb oil to the pan, then the beans and mix together gently.
• Preheat the oven to 180°C. Salt and pepper the cod, drizzle with olive oil and cook for 20 mines.
• In the meantime, prepare the shellfish. Peel and finely chop the shallots. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
• Heat the butter in a pan and cook gently for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not let it color. Add the chorizo, diced finely, then the garlic. Stir for 30 seconds before adding the white wine. Add the chopped parsley and the shellfish. Cover and cook for approx. 8 minutes.
• Serve the cod with the shellfish and their cooking juices, accompanied by the coco beans.