Free-range chicken with morel mushrooms
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the grocery store:
170g dried morel mushrooms
From the fresh produce market:
From the butcher’s:
4 free-range chicken thighs
From the cheesemarket:
15cl crème fraîche
1 egg yolk
From your larder:
15cl dry white wine
3.5 cl cognac
- Re-hydrate the morel mushrooms in a bowl of warm water.
- Chop the shallots finely and soften them in a pan with 40g butter. Add and chicken to the pan and brown it.
- Remove any excess fat and flambé with the cognac.
- Add the white wine, stir to scrape the cooking juices, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, clean the morels, separate the stalks, and dry them on a clean dish towel.
- Saute the mushrooms quickly in a frying pan with the remaining butter. Now add them to the cooked chicken and season. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken and mushrooms on the serving plates. Thicken the sauce and the cooking liquid with the crème fraiche mixed with an egg yolk and pour over the chicken.