Lobster and scallop fricassee on mashed potato
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fishmonger’s:
From the fresh produce market:
8 ripe tomatoes
1 garlic clove
1kg firm-flesh potatoes (e.g. Bintje)
From the cheesemarket:
From your larder:
10 cl shellfish broth
1 pinch Espelette pepper
- Prepare the mashed potatoes: Peel the potatoes, slice them in half and cook them in a large volume of salted boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain and return them to the pot. Let them dry out on a low heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Off the heat, mash the potatoes with a fork and add 40g butter. Heat the milk and add it gradually to the mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and chop the shallots, peel the garlic, remove the green germ and crush the garlic clove.
- Cook the lobsters, shell them and cut the meat into pieces. Try to keep the pincers whole.
- Place the scallops on some paper towels to soak up as much water as possible.
- Add the butter to a skillet, melt is on a low heat, then cook the scallops for 2 minutes on each side. Keep warm.
- Place the shallots in the same skillet. Cook them without browning. Add the garlic, the shellfish broth, the peeled and chopped tomatoes, along with the pieces of lobster. Season to taste.
- Cook for approx. 5 minutes stirring with a spatula. Return the scallops to the heat and continue cooking for 2 minutes on a very low heat.
- Place the mashed potato on your plates using a cookie cutter. Spoon over the chopped tomatoes and the lobster meat. Place 3 scallops and 1 pincer per person on each plate.
Tip: You can make the broth using the lobster shells.