Arugula Soup and Red Pepper Coulis
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
75g green peas, shelled
½ red pepper
From your larder:
1 vegetable bouillon cube
10cl tomato coulis
• Mix the bouillon cube with 50cl of boiling water. Immerse the peas in the bouillon and cook for 10 minutes. Add the arugula and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
• Blitz the arugula soup and filter it through a fine sieve. Season and allow to cool.
• Clean and quarter the pepper. Roast the quarters in a hot oven on the grill setting for 10 minutes, skin side up. Remove the pepper from the oven when black blisters begin to appear on the skin. Place the quarters on paper towels and allow to cool.
• Remove the skin from the peppers. Blitz the peppers together with the tomato coulis. Season with salt and pepper. Filter the pepper coulis using a fine sieve.
• Pour your arugula soup into a glass or a bowl and add a drizzle of red pepper coulis