Asparagus Panna Cotta with Grilled Chickpeas
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
200g white asparagus
A few fresh basil leaves
From the grocery store:
20G can of chickpeas
From the cheesemarket:
300ml whole milk
From your larder:
1/2 tsp. paprika powder
1 pinch chili powder
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon oil
• Peel the asparagus stalks, cut them into pieces and cook gently in the milk for 15 to 20 minutes, until al dente. Drain the pieces. Set the spears aside and puré the stalks with the cream. Strain the purée through a sieve. Salt and pepper the resulting liquid. Heat it, but do not boil.
• Soften the gelatine in a bowl of cold water, drain and add it to the asparagus cream, stirring until it dissolves.
• Divide the cream among verrines and leave to cool. Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
• Heat the oven to 200°C. Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Place the chickpeas with the spices and the olive oil in an oven proof dish lined with baking paper. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
• Switch off the oven and leave the chickpeas inside for another 10 minutes.
• Serve the panna cotta, decorated with the asparagus spears, grilled chick peas, lemon zest, basil leaves and a drizzle of lemon oil.