Carpaccio of broccoli with scallops
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fishmonger’s:
From the fresh produce market:
1 small broccoli
1 white grapefruit
1 dozen hazelnuts
From your larder:
Fleur de sel, pepper
- Lay a piece of cling film on a flat surface. Place the scallops on their sides, exposed sides facing out, in a line on the cling film, to form a roll.
- Wrap the scallops tightly in the film and place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Pluck off broccoli florets and wash. Using a paring knife, slice the florets very thinly, starting with the stem.
- Remove the scallops from the freezer and cut them into thin slices.
- Peel and pith the grapefruit and slice the segments in two.
- Chop the hazelnuts coarsely.
- Place all the ingredients on the plates, season with hazelnut oil, salt and pepper.