Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fishmonger’s:
From the baker’s:
4 thick slices of baguette
From the cheesemarket:
10cl single cream (20% fat)
A few knobs of butter
From your larder:
• Preheat the oven to 150°C (gas mark 5).
• Cut the cod into small pieces, then blitz in the blender and strain through a sieve.
• Add 2 whole eggs and an additional egg yolk, then the milk and the cream. Salt, spice with a couple of pinches of Espelette pepper and mix together carefully.
• Butter the base and sides of a baking tin. Add the cod mixture. Place the baking tin in a water bath with boiling water and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Set aside in a cool place.
• Toast 4 thick slices of baguette.
• Place a finger of cod mousse on top of each toast.