Cream of carrot and cumin soup with raw and cooked scallops
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
From the cheesemarket:
20cl single cream
From the fishmonger’s:
From your larder:
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. paprika
• Peel the carrots, onion and potato. Slice them coarsely and cook gently in salted water for 30 minutes.
• Pan fry 8 scallops in a little olive oil 1-2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
• Slice the remaining scallops very thinly and set aside.
• Drain the vegetables, setting aside the broth. Blitz the vegetables in a food processor with the single cream, cumin and paprika.
• Add a ladle of the cooking broth, adjust the seasoning and blitz again.
• Place the thin slices of raw scallops in the bottom of a soup plate, add the hot creamy soup and arrange 2 cooked scallops on top of the soup. Sprinkle with paprika.