Cucumber Sorbet and Gazpacho
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
500g organic cucumber + 2 organic cucumbers
1 mini cucumber
1 handful of spinach
1 handful of arugula
1 bunch of tarragon
A few basil leaves
From your larder:
4 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. wine vinegar
A few black sesame seeds
1 pinch Espelette pepper
• Chop the basil finely.
• Blend 500g cucumber which has been seeded but not peeled with 8cl mineral water, the lime juice and the basil.
• Place this mixture in your ice-cream maker on the “sorbet” setting.
• Cook the spinach and arugula in a large volume of boiling salted water for 30 seconds. Cool with ice water, drain, dry as well as possible using kitchen towels and blend as finely as possible.
• Chop the tarragon finely.
• Seed 2 cucumbers using a spoon. Blend the flesh, adding a little mineral water. Add the spinach purée, tarragon, olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
• Leave to chill in the fridge.
• Dice the mini cucumber. Set aside.
• Serve the gazpacho and the sorbet separately and decorate with the diced mini cucumber, drops of olive oil, sesame seeds and a pinch of Espelette pepper.