Goat cheese crackers
From the grocery store :
1 sheet of fresh (or frozen) puff pastry
From the cheesemarket:
1 fresh goat cheese
From your larder:
Pitted black olives
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry to a thickness of approx. 2-3 millimeters.
- Cut small bite-sized circles out of the pastry sheet using a cookie cutter or bottle top.
- Place a small clump of fresh goat cheese on each circle, pressing down.
- Place a caper, black olive, or fresh thyme leaves on the cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven until the puff pastry rises and the goats cheese colors slightly. Approx. 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on a rack before serving. These small snacks are great when they are still warm.