Oysters with cream and fresh herbs
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fishmonger’s:
12 cupped oysters
From the cheesemarket:
50cl crème fraîche
From the fresh produce market:
2/3 bunch of sorrel
2/3 bunch of cress
70g fresh spinach
From your larder:
Fleur de sel, pepper
• Wash and clean the vegetables. Rinse and then dry with paper towels.
• Shuck the oysters, setting aside their liquor. Keep the oysters chilled.
• Poach the vegetables for 2 minutes in a pan of boiling water, strain then plunge them directly into a pan of ice-cold water so that they stay nice and green.
• Strain them once again, blend coarsely, season and keep warm.
• Pour the cream into a pan and heat for 2 minutes. Keep warm.
• Bring the oyster liquor to the boil in a pan, season if required and poach the oysters for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on their size.
• Add some hot cream to each plate, then the vegetable juice, tracing circles with a spoon. Place 3 poached oysters on top and serve immediately.