Panna Cotta with Langoustines
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
1 bunch of fresh rosemary
From the fishmonger’s:
From the cheesemarket:
25cl thick crème fraiche
50g ricotta or 1 petit-suisse fresh cheese
From your larder:
2 tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. Cayenne pepper
2 sheets of gelatin
- Shell the langoustines.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes. Add the langoustines’ claws and heads. Sauté over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn down the heat and add the rosemary, Cayenne pepper, port and milk. Cover and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Soak the sheets of gelatin in a bowl of cold water. Remove the langoustines’ claws and heads from the frying pan and pass the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Heat the flavored milk over low heat and add the cream and the cheese. Adjust seasoning and add the gelatin after wringing gently to remove excess water.
- Pour the mixture into individual glasses and chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Sauté the langoustines tails in a drizzle of olive oil over high heat for 2 minutes just before serving. Decorate the glasses with the fried langoustines.