Pear and Goat Cheese Filo Pouches
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
4 sprigs of fresh thyme
From the cheesemarket:
1 goat cheese log
From the grocery store:
8 filo sheets
From your larder:
Freshly ground pepper
- Brush the filo sheets with melted butter.
- Wash and thickly slice the pears. Remove the pips.
- Slice the goat cheese into discs.
- Place one filo sheet on top of another to form 4 pairs. Place a slice of pear in the center of the sheet and cover with a cheese disc. Continue with alternate layers of pear and cheese, finishing with the pear. Drizzle 1 tsp. honey on top and sprinkle with pepper and thyme.
- Close the pouches and place them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 200°C.
- Remove from the over and serve immediately.