Roast kale and ricotta bruschetta
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
4 kale leaves
1 garlic clove
From the cheesemarket:
4 tbsp. grated parmesan
From your larder:
6 tbsp. olive oil
4 tbsp. pine nuts
4 slices of farmhouse bread
- Rinse and drain the kale leaves. Remove the central stem and dry the leaves carefully.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut 1/3 of the kale leaves into thick strips and place them in a baking dish with 1 tbsp. oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well for 2-3 minutes to soften the leaves.
- Bake in a hot oven, on the central shelf, for 8-12 minutes. Remove when they become crisp and golden brown.
- Prepare a pesto with the rest of the kale. Blanch the leaves in salted boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain the leaves and squeeze to remove all of the cooking water. Chop them roughly. Using a mini chopper, mix the leaves together with the pine nuts, 4 tbsp. oil and the parmesan to obtain a smooth pesto.
- Rub the slices of bread with the garlic clove cut in two and then sprinkle them with the remaining oil.
- Fry until golden brown in a skillet until they turn crispy.
- Spread with ricotta and kale pesto. Decorate with kale chips and serve.