Smoked Bacon Tiramisu
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the butcher’s:
6 slices of smoked bacon
From the fresh produce market:
200g cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp. rosemary
From the cheesemarket:
10cl single cream
From the grocery store:
100g herb crackers
From your larder:
1 tbsp. olive oil
- Bring 50cl water to the boil with the rosemary. Let it boil for 3 minutes then stop the cooking process. Infuse for 30 minutes, then filter and set aside.
- Fry the bacon gently in a skillet for 3 minutes on each side. Incorporate the single cream. When the cream starts to bubble, cut the heat and gently scrape the bottom of the skillet to collect all the meat juices. Let cool and infuse for 30 minutes. Remove the bacon slices.
- Add the ricotta and mascarpone, and then blend the mixture with a hand blender. Strain through a fine sieve and adjust the seasoning.
- Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes. Heat the olive oil in a pan over low heat. Sauté the tomatoes for 3 to 5 minutes, taking care not to damage them. Season and let cool in a plate.
- Divide the crackers among the serving glasses – 1cm layer per glass. Pour 1 to 2 tsp. of the rosemary infusion over the crackers. Delicately add a layer of the cherry tomatoes – keeping some over for decoration. Cover with a layer of bacon-flavored cream.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Just before serving, decorate with 1 or 2 cherry tomatoes and rosemary.
Tip: You can also sauté the bacon slices again and use them to decorate the tiramisu.