Tangy gourmet salad
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
80g walnut kernels
A few sprigs of parsley
From the cheesemarket:
From the delicatessen:
16 slices of smoked duck breast
From your larder:
2 tbsp. brown sugar
3 tbsp. walnut oil
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
• Wash and thinly slice the endives. Peel, core and quarter the apples. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Remove the stones from the dates.
• Remove the fat from the duck breast slices. Wrap a duck slice around each date. Keep it in place with a cocktail stick.
• Prepare the vinaigrette: Place the walnut oil, cider vinegar, 1 tbsp. squeezed lemon juice, salt and chopped parsley in a bowl and whisk together.
• Divide the endives among the serving plates.
• Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the apple quarters, sprinkle with brown sugar and cook gently for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the dates to the pan and cook for 1 minute on each side.
• Arrange the apples and dates on the endives, sprinkle with walnut kernels and some pink peppercorns. Drizzle with vinaigrette to give the dish a tangy kick. Serve immediately.