Tart Tatin with Apples, Smoked Duck Breast and Figs
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
From the grocery store:
1 to 2 tbsp. fig jam
100g smoked duck breast
2 sheets of puff (flaky) pastry
From the cheesemarket:
From your larder:
• Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6).
• Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes. Cut the figs into small pieces.
• Sauté the apples with the butter in a skillet. When the apples start to soften, add the figs, the fig jam, a pinch of salt and simmer until the apples become very soft.
• Put a small knob of butter in each your tart molds and place a thin layer of the apple-fig mixture into them. Place a couple of thin slices of duck breast on top, then add another layer of apples/figs and finish with a layer of duck breast.
• Unroll the puff pastry, cut shapes the size of your tart molds and place on top of the duck breast slices. Tuck in the edges of the puff pastry down to the base of each mold. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn out immediately.