Toasted goat cheese with herb pesto on radish carpaccio
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
2 handfuls of fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, basil, etc.)
1 white radish
200 g of small red radishes
From the grocery store:
1 tbsp. blanched almonds
From the cheesemarket:
4 goat cheeses of the type “crottin de Chavignol” (80g each)
From your larder:
1 tsp. honey
3 tbsp. olive oil
- Wash and dry the herbs. Pluck off the leaves. Set some leaves aside for decoration. Puree the remaining leaves with the almonds, honey, 1 tbsp. lemon juice and 2 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash the radishes and cut them into very thin slices with a mandolin (mind your fingers!) Place them on the serving plates, season with salt and pepper. Let them sweat for 10 minutes, then remove the excess water using a paper towel.
- Preheat the oven on the grill setting.
- Place the cheeses on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Brush with the rest of the oil. Brown for 5 minutes.
- Place the cheese on the radish carpaccio and top each cheese with a little pesto. Decorate with the herb leaves you set aside at the start of the recipe.