Almond Meringue Tart with Redcurrants
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
From the cheesemarket:
3 eggs + 1 egg white
From the grocery store:
150g ground almonds
From your larder:
• Prepare the pastry: Mix together 125g butter and 50g flour to obtain fine breadcrumbs. Add an egg and knead. Form into a ball and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
• Roll out the pastry using a rolling pin. Place in a buttered and floured pie dish and prick the pastry all over with a fork. Set aside.
• Mix together the ground almonds and 50g of sugar. Add 2 whole eggs and the melted butter. Pour into the pie dish. Sprinkle with half the redcurrants.
• Place in a preheated oven at 170°C for 15 minutes. Remove the tart from the pie dish and add the remaining redcurrants.
• Prepare the meringue: Bring 2.5cl water and 100g sugar to the boil. Beat the egg whites until very stiff. When the sugar syrup reaches 118°C, drizzle gradually onto the beaten egg whites, mixing all the time. Continue to beat until the meringue goes cold.
• Decorate the tart with the meringue using a piping bag and gently caramelize using a culinary blowtorch.