Ingredients: Yields 1 cake
From the cheesemarket:
150g soft butter
200g cream cheese (e.g. Philadelphia)
From the fresh produce market:
300g grated carrots
From the grocery store:
150g powdered hazelnuts or coconut
50g icing sugar
From your larder:
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1 handful of walnuts or chopped hazelnuts
• Preheat the oven to 170°C.
• Place the ground hazelnuts or coconut in a mixing bowl with the ground cinnamon, sugar, eggs and butter. Mix. Add the baking powder and the flour with a spatula. Now add the grated carrots.
• Pour the mixture into a cake tin lined with baking paper.
• Back for between 45 and 60 minutes (depending on the size of the tin).
• Leave to cool for 1 hour.
• Prepare the icing by mixing together the cheese, icing sugar, the juice and zest of 1 lime until smooth.
• Spread over the cake with a wide knife and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Tip: You can make this cake even more mouth-watering by cutting it in 2 and spreading each half with a layer of icing before sandwiching together again.