Chocolate and coconut fondant
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the cheesemarket:
From the grocery store:
75g dark chocolate
25g powdered coconut
From your larder:
50g caster sugar
1 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. milk
- Melt the chocolate in the milk. Once it is melted, add the butter in small cubes.
- Wait for the butter to melt completely, remove the pan from the heat and add the following ingredients, in succession: Sugar, egg yolks, flour, and coconut.
- Beat the egg whites until firm, then gently incorporate them into the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (gas mark 5).
- Butter and flour a loaf tin. Add the mixture and sprinkle with coconut. Bake for approx. 35 minutes.
- Wait 5 minutes before turning out on a wire rack.