Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
From the grocery store:
20cl grapefruit juice
400g flaky pastry
From the cheesemarket:
100g melted butter
From your larder:
1 tsp. cornflour
- Prick the flaky pastry with a fork in several places and bake it between 2 baking sheets covered in baking parchment for 20 minutes at 200°C.
- Place the sugar, the eggs, 15cl grapefruit juice in a water-bath (double boiler) and mix. Continue stirring until the cream thickens. Remove from the heat and add the butter.
- Mix 5cl of grapefruit juice with the cornflour on low heat. Remove from the heat when the mixture starts to thicken.
- Peel the grapefruit and slice the grapefruit segments. Drain them on an absorbent paper towel.
- Remove the flaky pastry from the oven and cut out 12 rectangles using a cookie cutter. Pipe out the grapefruit cream on 8 pastry pieces using a piping bag fitted with a wide nozzle.
- Decorate the remaining 4 pieces with cream and the grapefruit segments. Assemble the millefeuille, topping it off with the grated zest of a lime.
- Place the millefeuille in the center of a plate. Decorate it with the grapefruit segments and a few drops of the thickened grapefruit juice.