Nectarine marinade with rosé d’Anjou
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
1 lime zest
4 mint leaves
From the grocery store:
50cl rosé d’Anjou wine
From your larder:
4 tbsp. caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
1 sachet of vanilla sugar
1 tsp. pepper
- Split the vanilla pod in half lengthwise.
- Remove the zest of a lime.
- Pour the wine into a pan along with the sugar, clove, pepper and the lime zest. Bring to the boil for 5 minutes. Add the whole nectarines, washed but not peeled. Bring to the boil again. Remove and peel the fruit.
- Place the fruit back on the heat (don’t let the nectarines overlap in the pan). Cover and simmer on a gentle heat for 25 minutes.
- Pour into a fruit dish. Once cool, remove the clove and the lime zest and place in the fridge.
- Decorate with fresh mint leaves before serving in individual dishes.