Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
From the cheesemarket:
From the grocery store:
12 sponge finger biscuits
From your larder:
• Place the biscuits in a dish.
• Wash, hull and quarter the strawberries and place them in a dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice and 30g of sugar. Mash the strawberries using a fork.
• Add enough of the biscuits to this preparation for them to soak up the liquid. Place in the refrigerator.
• In the meantime, separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the yolks with 120g of sugar until the mixture turns pale yellow. Add the mascarpone and mix.
• Beat the egg whites until they form peaks, then add 30g of sugar. Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
• Take the biscuits out of the refrigerator. Set aside the surplus coulis.
• Pour the egg white and mascarpone mixture onto the soaked biscuits.
• Top with the remaining coulis. Place in the fridge for 2 hours.