Tiramisu made in Normandy
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
4 ripe apples (Golden Delicious or others of the same type)
From the grocery store:
6 French butter cookies (palets Bretons)
From the cheesemarket:
50g salted butter
5 cl single cream
From your larder:
1 tbsp. vanilla sugar
1 tbsp. liquid honey
A few slivers of pistachio nuts
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and slowly cook the apples sprinkled with vanilla sugar. Caramelize them on a medium heat and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks together with 35g sugar. Add the mascarpone while continuing to beat the mixture. Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form firm peaks and then fold gently into the egg yolks.
- Prepare the caramel: Heat 100g sugar and the honey in a pan on a medium heat. Mix to obtain a caramel. At the same time, gently heat the cream. Add the warm cream to the caramel and boil for 3 minutes, mixing well. Remove from the heat and add 50g salted butter, diced. Mix until the butter has melted completely.
- Coarsely crush the butter cookies and place ⅔ of them in 4 verrines. Add 1 tbsp. of the apple mixture and cover with a generous tablespoon of salted butter caramel. Top this off with ½ of the mascarpone mouse.
- Repeat this operation a second time.
- Place in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, top each verrine with a drizzle of salted butter caramel and a few slivers of pistachio nuts.