Asparagus and scallop risotto
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fishmonger’s:
12 scallops (cleaned and without roe)
From the fresh produce market:
1 bunch of green asparagus
From the cheesemarket:
From the grocery store:
300g risotto rice
From your larder:
15cl white wine
1l vegetable broth
• Remove the ends of the asparagus stems. Peel the asparagus if necessary, removing the toughest small leaves. Cut the stems into pieces. Set the tips aside.
• Melt 50g butter and sauté the finely chopped shallots. Do not let them color.
• Add the asparagus pieces (not the tips) and cook gently for 5 minutes.
• Add the rice, cook for 5 minutes.
• Add the white wine and ⅓ of the broth. Add the remaining broth gradually during the cooking process.
• Half way though the cooking time, add the asparagus tips. Season.
• Melt a knob of butter in a skillet and fry the scallops.
• Towards the end of the cooking time, add the grated parmesan to the rice and mix through well.
• Place a portion of risotto in the center of each plate and place the asparagus tips and scallops on top.