Duck in orange sauce
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the butcher’s:
From the fresh produce market:
From the grocery store:
50cl orange juice (100% pure fruit juice)
From your larder:
1 tbsp. cornflour
50cl brown veal stock
1/2 glass white wine
5cl Grand Marnier
- Cut the duck into portions.
- Place the sugar and vinegar in a pan and caramelize without stirring. Add the orange juice and cook on a very low heat.
- Brown the duck portions in a large saucepan (skin side down first). Remove the portions and the fat from the pan. Return the duck back to the pan, pour in the white wine, the sugar and vinegar mixture and the veal stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Remove the orange zests, blanch them for 2 minutes, drain and marinate them in the Grand Marnier.
- Peal the oranges and remove the segments for decoration.
- 3/4 of the way through cooking, add the orange zests with the Grand Marnier and adjust the seasoning.
- At the end of the cooking time, thicken the sauce with the cornflour mixed with a little cold water.