Spicy Lamb in Zucchini Sauce
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the butcher’s:
4 pieces of lamb fillet
From the fresh produce market:
4 small zucchini
½ red onion
½ bunch of mint
From your larder:
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. paprika
• Slice the zucchini and steam for 7 minutes at 100°C.
• Season the lamb fillets on both sides. Caramelize them in 2 tbs. olive oil in a skillet over a high heat. Sear for 30 seconds on both sides.
• Prepare the spice mix with the cumin, coriander and paprika.
• Remove the fillets from the skillet and place them in an oven-proof dish. Sprinkle with your spice mix on both sides. Place in the oven for 5 minutes at 100°C.
• When the zucchini is cooked (but still slightly firm), cut them into large chunks. Add ½ chopped red onion, 2 tbsp. olive oil, the zest of 1 lime, 2 tbsp. lime juice, a couple of drops of Tabasco, ½ bunch of fresh mint chopped finely, salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly.
• Place the zucchini on your plates and top with the lamb pieces. Serve immediately.