Cauliflower Soup with Vanilla
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
1 medium-sized cauliflower
2 medium-sized potatoes
From your larder:
1 vanilla pod
1/2l chicken broth
1 teaspoon table salt
- Peel and rinse the potatoes.
- Chop the cauliflower heads finely. Set 2 florets aside.
- Place the cauliflower, potatoes, milk, chicken broth and vanilla seeds in a pan.
- Season and bring to the boil. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes (until it reduces by 1/3).
- Blast in a food processor, then filter.
- Slice the cauliflower florets finely.
- Serve in a soup plate and sprinkle with cauliflower slices.