Chestnut soup with crisp bacon
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the grocery store:
550g peeled chestnuts (bottled)
From the cheesemarket:
2 tbsp. thick crème fraîche
From the butcher’s:
12 thin slices of bacon
From your larder:
1.5 bay leaves
salt and pepper
- In a pan, cover the chestnuts and bay leaves with water and heat. When the mixture starts to boil, reduce the heat and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Remove the bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk.
- Blitz the chestnuts with the cooking water and milk in a blender.
- Add the crème fraiche and mix. Adjust the seasoning.
- Fry the bacon slices in a frying pan without any fat.
- Just before serving, re-heat the soup gently. Do not let it boil. Serve in bowls garnished with the crispy bacon slices.