Crab tartar with pesto
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fishmonger’s:
1 large crab (cooked)
From the fresh produce market:
From the grocery store:
1 tbsp. green pesto
From your larder:
3 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 pinch Espelette pepper
Some mustard seeds
- Cut the avocado into small cubes. Mix the avocado cubes with the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Flake the crab meat and mix it together with the mayonnaise.
- Cut the tomatoes into small cubes (the same size as the avocado), add the vinegar, the pesto and the Espelette pepper.
- Place a layer of tomatoes, a layer of crab, then a layer of avocado in a circular cookie cutter mold.
Place in the fridge for 24 hours before removing the mold.
- Season the avocado with a turn of the pepper mill and top with mustard seeds.
Tip: If your fishmonger doesn’t have any cooked crab, you can use a tin of crab meat instead.