Green Asparagus on Scrambled Eggs, Dry-Cured Ham and Parmesan
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the butcher’s:
12 thin slices of dry-cured ham
From the fresh produce market:
12 green asparagus spears
From the cheesemarket:
60g parmesan (wedge)
10cl semi-skimmed milk
From your larder:
• Rinse the asparagus under cold water to remove any soil. Remove the ends and any small hard leaves.
• Bring a pan of slightly salted water to the boil. Add the asparagus spears – preferably upright – to the boiling water and cook for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on their thickness.
• In the meantime, cut the dry-cured ham into small pieces. Set aside.
• Make parmesan shavings from the wedge, and set aside.
• Whisk the eggs in a salad bowl together with the milk until smooth. Season.
• Cook the egg mixture in a hot skillet, stirring with wooden spatula to obtain your scrambled eggs.
• Cut the asparagus into pieces.
• When the scrambled eggs are ready, serve on individual plates, topping with the ham pieces, parmesan shavings and finishing with the asparagus.
• Decorate with balsamic vinegar. Serve warm.