Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
From the fresh produce market:
2 sprigs of fresh basil
2 garlic cloves
From the cheesemarket:
70g chilled salted butter
30g grated parmesan
25cl single whipping cream
From your larder:
50 g breadcrumbs
1.5 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the over to 120°C (gas mark 4)
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the stalks. Plunge the tomatoes into boiling water for a few seconds. Drain and cool them rapidly by placing them in chilled water with ice. Peel and quarter the tomatoes.
- Wash, dry and finely chop the basil.
- Oil a rectangular oven dish and rub it with the garlic cloves. Place the quartered tomatoes in this dish, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped basil. Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the flour, breadcrumbs, parmesan and chopped butter in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse- adding 1 tablespoon of olive oil – until you obtain a crumb mixture.
- Remove the dish from the over and increase the temperature of the oven to 210°C (gas mark 7). Cover the tomatoes with the crumb mixture, drizzle with olive oil and return to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately with the seasoned whipped cream.
Tip: For a crunchier and tastier result, you can work the crumble mixture manually until you have a coarse breadcrumb consistency.